Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

While Paint is Drying .... an old favorite!

Sunflower Triptych - 14 x 48" overall, Oil on canvas ©2008, Helen Read

No need to frame, canvases are painted around the sides
For those who have been watching, the pear painting is now complete. However it is quite wet, so I'm waiting for it to dry some more before I scan it. I prefer scanning to get the colors right and also its truer to rectangular than when I photograph it. All of this is due to the fact that I really don't have the right camera equipment for excellent photography when it comes to the details of photographing a painting. While its drying, I'm reposting an old favorite from 2 years ago about this time. This triptych stretches 48" long and is very colorful. In this photo, it seems a little "warmer" than it really is. Ways to stay in touch! Also, I want to celebrate the fact that my Facebook Art Page now has 100 friends! If you are a regular Facebooker, please join us - you'll see regular updates and be able to interact with others there! The icon is on the left side of this blog. I also have a emailing list, the sign up is on the left side of the blog too! I send out email newsletters every few months which are newsy and interesting and quite visual. Your email info is secure and never shared! I also send out more frequent updates about things that are going on in the studio, latest works, contests, give aways, etc. Your in box won't be inundated, but you will hear from me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...