Join me on Facebook!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Dried Roses - watercolor

Yesterday, 10 x 6" watercolor on 300# paper ©2010, Helen Read  

I hadn't worked in watercolor for awhile - nor had I done anything in a tighter style - so it was time to return to that for awhile. This one was one I'd had on my mind for a matter of several weeks. The shriveled appearance of the dried roses was so visually interesting ... getting the feel of it with color and value was challenging. But, I'm happy with the outcome. Hope you get the sense of yesterday by looking at it!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi there, just found your blog. :)

Dried roses, what a challenge! You did a great job of capturing their frail nature. I've found watercolor can be hard for little details (although I was never very skilled at the medium), so kudos for doing a good job with that as well.

Keep up the good work!

Debra J.Sepos said...

Hi Helen, I like this very much. Great Job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...