Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Three Longneck Pears


The work on this is pretty much done. I'm happy with the outcome of the painting, but I am not happy with the way it scanned. That part still needs work. Notice on the left in the background. The brushstrokes really show on the scan, but you can't really see this in person. So, I need figure out why this happened (I don't recall having this problem with scanning before) and deal with it. This is the technology piece of what I do that can be most frustrating!

It measures 8 x 10" and it is done in oils on canvas. What oddly shaped pears these are! But, the painting is accurate!

I will repost the scan as soon as I have resolved its "issues"!!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Stunning! Hi Helen, it has been far too long since I visited your beautiful gallery here. I was thinking of you as I placed the beloved painting I own of yours in a summer vignette and wanted to drop in to say hello and see what wonderful work you have been up to. I hope you are enjoying your summer as well as sweet success in your artistic efforts.

Blessings,
Sandy

SYLVIANE said...

Those pears are terrific, they have a personality, and I love them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...