Join me on Facebook!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer in Color

Summer in Color, 10 x 8" Acrylic on canvas ©2010, Helen Read
 
This one continues my recent series with abstraction to show the seasons of the year. I still have Autumn to complete! I love the way that color alone can imply a season. This work in abstraction gives me the opportunity to think about composition and color without the added element of representing anything in particular. Abstraction stretches my artistic skills by making me think deeply about using the elements and principles of art to create a visually appealing and interesting piece.
 

3 comments:

Carol DeMumbrum said...

I love this series! I would love to try an abstract painting sometime. You have inspired me. Beautiful!!

Helen Read said...

Thank you, Carol!! I hope you do!

Barbara Rudolph Fine Art said...

This is really a great painting. I love the colors and all of the detail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...