Join me on Facebook!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday's thoughts...

I've had a lot to think about this week. It has been the last week of summer break before school starts (thus much less time for painting), I've been touched by the tragedy of my cousin's sudden death, and I've been romanced by the beauty of God's lovely creation. Life just happens and comes toward us like a freight train much of the time... but... there is much beauty. Hidden within that beauty is the reminder of our Creator; there is softness, there is variety, there is color, there is subtlety, there is even humor and outrageousness of shape or appendages (the kohlrabi comes to mind)! But also, there is dependability and faithfulness as the sun sheds its light every morning and the rains fall. There is also great strength in the fierceness of an unexpected thunderstorm. To me, the very surroundings of nature speak clearly. And it is a message of good gifts. A never ending arena of exploration with my paint brush!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...