Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Purple Kohlrabi again!

Purple Kohlrabi, alone 5x7" oil on canvas.


This was the last painting of the kohlrabi before it got eaten! Such an odd vegetable, but quite a lot of fun to paint! This one (as opposed to the previous kohlrabi painting last week) was done mostly with a brush and building up thinner layers of color. As you can tell by comparison, the overall tone is a bit different as well, a bit more subdued. I think one of the most intriguing parts of it are the red stems tracing through the green leaves, but of course the shape of the whole thing is quite intriguing as well!

I think it would be an interesting (and colorful) addition to a kitchen or dining room!

4 comments:

Robert Tutsky said...

Greetings Helen,
You have a nice sense of color and design, beautiful work of art and you are so diverse!

As a Christian myself, I's refreshing to find another Christian who is more than willing to confess their faith.

Thank you for creating your blog for all to enjoy. I will visit here often.

All the best in your endeavors.

ming said...

Hi Helen

i've never seen anything like that in my life, or at least i think i've never:)

Thanks to for your link to artmakr!

The Painted Sky said...

Hi, Helen, I thought I'd drop by and have a look at your art.....nice blueberries, yum. I've never heard of a Kohlrabi, Is it good eating?

cheers JT :)

Helen Read said...

Thanks for the kind comments! Um... the kohlrabi is pretty good... (that doesn't sound too good, does it?) I'd eat it again, but maybe not serve it to company!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...