Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

A new (to me) surface



This is a new surface that I've never worked on before. First, I usually have made all my own canvases, though for the small daily paintings I am buying them. This painting is on a gessoed board - very smooth - no texture. I really questioned how it would take the paint. It was different than I'm used to, but it seemed to be OK. It also started out with a very white surface, which I toned slightly.

I think I prefer canvas. I just like the texture and how canvas takes paint. But, I think this is one of those "no right way" things - rather a matter of personal preference.

Bottle and Shell, 5 x 7" Oil on board.

SOLD

1 comment:

Serena Lewis said...

Lovely work, Helen ~ :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...