Join me on Facebook!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

More of the Year in Review

The Edge of the Woods, 6x8" Oil on canvas ©2009, Helen Read  
SOLD
 
Pink Gerbera Daisy Triptych, overall: 24 x 8"
(3 panels each measure 8x8") Oil on canvas ©2009, Helen Read  
 
 
Dill-icious, 6x6" Acrylic on canvas ©2009, Helen Read  

This year I was drawn again and again to the beauty of botanical subject matter, both in the form of magnified paintings that almost take on an element of abstraction and in landscapes as well. The obvious truth is that creation in all its glory and profusion just attracts my attention and holds it! Perhaps that is because I lived most of my formative years in the beauty of the southwestern countryside ... or, perhaps it is just a subject matter that has so many possibilities that it is difficult to exhaust one's investigation! Either way, I love the beauty of our natural world - the work of our wonderful creator's hands.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...