Join me on Facebook!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More of the Year in Review

Old Oak, 6x8" Oil on canvas ©2009, Helen Read  
SOLD
Many times this year, I found myself exploring landscapes... sometimes more distant, as seen in some earlier works I've posted, and sometimes much more close up. Trees are always an interesting subject matter... because, I think, of their uniqueness and often their very sculptural qualities. Some of them just have very noticeable "personalities" which almost need a portraiture approach! This particular tree is very indicative of my southwestern roots - roots that still grow very deep in my heart, even though I live in the northern mid-west at present!

1 comment:

janice skivington said...

I really like this one, Helen. I respond deeply to the sinuous organic shapes and powerful drawing in the tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...