Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Barely There

Barely There, 10 x 8" Oil on canvas ©2009, Helen Read

This will likely be the last painting I do in the year 2009. The whole family is soon to descend and being realistic, its doubtful that I'll break away much in this most wonderful time of year!! This painting is one in the series I'm working on "What Remains" - a look at fall and the beauty of what clings to its branches even though most of the leaves are fallen, the color is faded, etc. The whole vista of this mostly bare branch with its few clinging leaves - yellow and orange - against the crystal blue sky caught my attention. Also, the play of light and shadow was very intriguing. It amazes me how tenacious just these few leaves were, even as the wind whipped through, they didn't lose their grip! I hope you enjoy it too!
Please visit my website too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...