Join me on Facebook!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Icy Landscape


Icy Riverbank, 11x14" Oil on canvas
©2009, Helen Read

After a little more work, I think I've completed this one as much as I want to. I brightened up the sky and made the lighting a bit more luminescent. And I worked with the shadows a little more bringing in some variety to the blues and purples. It has a feel to it that reminds me of crunching through frost and crusty snow out in the woods. This is, once again, very mid-western in its feel.

I enjoyed working on this - although I'm not anxious for this type of weather! It will be here soon enough! Below, is a detail shot of the shadowed areas. I think you can see the colors used and perhaps a bit of the brush work as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...