Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Finished - Zinnia

Yellow Halo - 7.5 x 11" Watercolor/acrylic on paper
Yesterday's post was the beginning of this zinnia.... today, I've added the color to the petals and it is finished. What I really like about this is the sense of dimension that is accomplished with the use of values. And.... I also really like the interior detail that is represented here. Did you know that within the center of a zinnia there is this little tiny ring of small flowers that form a type of halo around the center? I don't think I did ... but it is so intriguing that these little surprises wait for the viewer to notice! To me, that is just a little gift of our creator! And, who knows what else we can see when we take a moment to look beyond the surface! The abstract shapes of the shadows still attract my attention as well! Who knew all this could be waiting on a form only 3 inches or so in diameter!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...