Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Lilies for a Day


Lilies for a Day, 10x8" oil on gesso board
© Helen Read 


Have you ever wondered why these orange beauties are called Daylilies?   Well, they only bloom for ONE day! 
That's it!  Just 1 day.  The beautiful blooms you see one day are withered the next day... even when you cut them and put them in water... the next day, they are done.  

This arrangement with some foliage and two small hydrangeas lasted just long enough to paint it... but even when I was painting, the flowers were slowly changing!   It makes you appreciate the beauty while it lasts!  Which, I suppose, is true of many things in life!  Appreciate the moment!  

This painting is ready to frame, but I also have a framed option!

To see this and more of my work, please visit my website!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...