Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

COLOR, Color, color


Today, as I write this - our high temperature of the day was   -15˚F.   And, and all of nature is gray or covered in white. Is it just me - or - does this time of year cause us to long for color?  Bright, expressive, beautiful color is in short supply, so I'm in my studio creating it!   This large painting-to-be (2'x3') has it's under painting finished ~  which, in my color-starved opinion is quite lovely just as it is!  But - it will become a landscape painting.  The work is underway and since I'm home (everything is cancelled because of the polar vortex we are experiencing) I have a couple days to work without interruption.   (That's a rare thing!)

It's exciting to anticipate what it will become - I have planned it out, of course - and know the way in which I will be directing it to unfold... and yet, the surprise of it's final form is something I don't fully know!  I'll post more soon! :)  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...