Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Full color! Continued work





 Ah... color.  Beautiful color.  Starting with the colorful under painting (you can scroll down to the previous post), I'm now committed to color.  In fact, I'm moving away from traditional or realistic colors and finding a new palette... which in the end I hope will be much more filled with energy but still believable.   

This painting measures 2' x 3" and the top photo shows the most recent work done today.  I'd love to stay in my studio and work for large blocks of time - however, I have classes to teach, grading to do, meetings to attend, and other daily chores.  So I have limits on the amount of time I can spend each day.  But, it is moving pretty quickly as I work with a loose style ... and the preplanning for my palette of colors, for values and composition helps reduce the time spent figuring things out with wet paint in hand!  
I plan to have this finished and framed in the next couple weeks so that it can be included in a solo exhibit in March and April. 

Paint on!!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...