Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

At water's edge

Westwind - Water's Edge, 7x5" Oil on canvas
©Helen Read 


 
Last weekend, on an absolutely beautiful day, I went out to a nearby lake to do some plein air painting, and here is the result.   The cat tails and broken reeds gave such a beautiful texture to the scene and the colors of the green and blue of the water were truly lovely.    In our area, it is very rare not to see a small red winged blackbird clinging to a cat tail along the water's edge.
Here, though a little bit hidden, his red wing peeks out! 

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

So gorgeous, Helen! You can tell we're not all that far apart in where we live. Do you know I don't recall these birds when I was growing up in Illinois. Since I moved back in 2000, I see them every where, as well as the yellow-winged blackbirds occasionally as well.

Debra J.Sepos said...

Hi Helen, I really like the patterns in the grass and the almost hiding red-winged blackbird.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...