Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Last year at this time

Blossom,  8x8" colored pencil on clayboard
(Clayboard is masonite with a very smooth kaolin clay finish on which to work)
© Helen Read
 

Looking back a year to see what was happening in my studio is always an interesting exercise. 
One of my works was experimenting with clayboard and how it accepted colored pencil, graphite, or paint.  Here I have used prismacolor pencils and gotten a very nice effect. 
The reference picture is one I took just after the rain!  The foliage and the flower still held the water droplets.  All very intriguing and quite beautiful.  

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Nice effects indeed. I would have thought this was a watercolor piece! I just bought two pieces of clayboard myself but it seems to have a bit of texture to the surface. I'm not sure what I'll do on them yet, but something! LOL

Helen, this piece is beautiful and I'm especially drawn to the leaves for some reason.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...