Join me on Facebook!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Work in progress - triptych

You've no doubt wondered, if you've been watching, what has taken so long ... why I haven't been posting quite as often. Well, there is a reason. This is a work in progress - 3 in 1, really - and besides this one, I've been working on some other larger paintings, which I'll post soon.

This one - the Pink Gerbera Daisy Triptych - was inspired by one of my own potted plants that I brought in for the winter. I've done this before, but never had a bloom indoors! This year, though - a striking bloom.... and this kind of flower has such intense color! Just beautiful.

Anyway, in celebration of that unusual event - I created a triptych showing a profusion of color! My photo here is a bit over exposed ... its much brighter and intense in life. As these are finished (still not completed) and dried - I'll be able to take better photos and post them a little larger.


3 - 8x8" canvases - Oil - measuring 24 x 8" total

This is how they started out - a rough oil sketch on the canvas - then values are blocked in (very generally). After that - colors were begun. Now at this time, I have to finish the background, which always gives me a little challenge - finding something that sets off the main idea - but doesn't overwhelm it - and remains interesting all at the same time! I also want to do a little more glazing of the flowers to create some of the deeper values within that are too general at the moment.

I hope to finish this triptych - and another larger landscape that I've been working on for several years.... THIS week!!! Well, that's my goal. Check back and see how I'm doing with keeping my goal!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...