Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Finally finished - I think. White Tulip


White Tulip - 28x28" Oil on canvas


Close up of the center of the White Tulip. Hopefully you can see how colorful it is!

I think I'm finished with it. Still need to sign it, though. The outer petals have been worked out with some shadows and some colorful whites. I really enjoy taking a recognizable object and abstracting it somewhat. It gives me a chance to play a little bit with shapes and colors - manipulate values and bring the viewer's eyes into places that they might not have otherwise noticed. It becomes a sort of celebration of the shapes, colors, shadows and lights ... sometimes creating a whole new view!

This one is larger than I've been working lately - 28 x 28" . The title still needs to be decided upon. Any ideas?


2 comments:

Chellesky said...

Original and Stunning Helen, so pleased to see your macro tulip finished. Always a joy to visit.
Happy Painting gf (hugs) Chelle

janice skivington said...

I really like how you finished this tulip. Helen. It is a pleasure to look at. This one of your best yet, keep painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...