Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Edge of Shadow

The Edge of Shadow,  9x12" colored pencil on black paper
©Helen Read 



Just this week, one of my botanical drawings from a few years back was selected to appear in a new publication, Just Draw Botanicals by Helen Birch, which will be available on Amazon.  I'm not sure of the publication date - some time in 2018, I think.   This has long been one of my favorite drawings, so I'm honored to have it requested for this publication.   The contrasts make it stand out - contrasts in light and shadow, smooth and jagged edges, color and eliminated color... all of it creates a sense of dimension.  

Botanicals make for a very interesting subject matter.  Sometimes less is a lot more when it comes to color and shape!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...