Join me on Facebook!

Monday, June 25, 2018

The allure of color


    It draws the eye in..... beautiful vibrant color.  
Almost too much for the eye to see;  with all it's nuances and it's depth. 

The immediate weeks of summer break after a busy teaching year are a time of transition.  I look forward to summer and then when it's here, I know it's going to go quickly... so, I want to pack in as much as I can and start immediately.  But, rest is needed.  Time to slow down, reflect, think through where I've been in this last year and where I need to go.
It takes a few weeks of a slower pace, catching up on sleep, and quietly letting ideas take shape.
Transition.

So in these last few weeks, I've been cultivating my garden, cultivating my thoughts and ideas, as well as planning and working on a new painting, which I'll share in an upcoming post.  

Somehow - color, in this process, is a catalyst.  Such depth of beauty causes the mind to soar.   This delphinium blooms for such a short while each year - but it's vibrant, rich color stirs my mind.  What is it that draws you in?  How are you given to notice and celebrate which in turn inspires you to do deeper? 

Also....




This little guy has found it's new home!   This was my June gift to a special email friend.
Throughout the year, every few months I give a small painting away!
The only way to find out about it is from my email, which comes out at the start of each month. 

Then, I assign a number to each entry and use an internet site to randomly pick one of the entries to be the winner. 

You'll need to sign up for my email to know when this is going to happen.  It's super simple.  You can either text the word
Helen  to 22828
or 
 Click the button below! 

Now you are all set, and you'll find out about my next give-away! 
WELCOME!   You can never have too many friends!   And, I'm so glad I can call you a friend! 



Yes! Sign me up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...