Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Quiet Escape

We all need a quiet escape once in awhile!
a place to collect our thoughts, let our imaginations loose, and enjoy a peaceful break from the
busyness of daily life...

Country Cottage, 12x9" Oil on gessoboard
© 2018  Helen Read 

Sold


I found this little cottage on one of my "get aways".   I was wandering through the beautiful grounds of Descanso Gardens and almost hiding behind the foliage I came upon this!  While it may have very likely had a practical purpose, it ignited my imagination.  It seemed to me that it could have fit into a fairy tale, or perhaps a Jane Austen novel.  
Whatever thoughts it evokes in you, it does exude peace and remind us of quiet getaways, which we all have need of at times.

It is still drying and will be ready to send to it's new home in a few more days.  Add a moment of whimsy and charm to your space!
The purchase price includes domestic shipping!

Look below to see a quick video of it's production... it's always interesting to see how a painting comes together!  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...