Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Bringing the garden inside!

It's been a long, long wait this year.... and we are still waiting!


And, quite honestly, I'm weary of the wait! 
As I look at my sleeping garden, there's a little bit of hope ~ some green shoots have
sprouted.  But usually by now, spring is here and flowers are in bloom.
So, I'm creating my own spring time with colorful oil paint....


This painting is 9x12", oil on gesso board.  As you can see, it isn't finished yet. 
I started with transparent color - in full strength allowing the white of the gessoboard (smooth surface) to 
allow the colors to glow.   Then, I went back with opaque paint to refine the shapes and to add in additional color to create the highlights and darker values. 

It has a painterly feel, with loose strokes and broken color, 
and hopefully, I've conveyed a sense of joyful profusion!  

More work will bring it to it's final form in just a few days!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...