Join me on Facebook!

Friday, March 18, 2016

Water's Edge - Graphite Tree Study

Water's Edge  9x12" graphite on paper
©2016  Helen Read 
matted in white to fit 14x18" frame


SOLD

One of the things I'm doing as I prepare to paint the larger landscape I've recently started is to draw trees...and by doing so, learning about the individual characteristics of different trees.  What has impressed me is that each one is uniquely itself and it seems as if each has its own individual story to tell.   This one inhabits the edge of a stream.  It has lower branches hanging just over the water's surface with curling, rolling roots that plunge beneath the water's surface and a variety of branches that have sprung up rather low on its trunk.  Such an interesting profile!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...