Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Lakeside - Herrick Lake

Herrick Lake, 8x10" oil on gessoed panel
©2015 Helen Read 

SOLD

Herrick Lake is a lovely little lake and surrounding park near my home.  As I wandered around it, looking for a place to paint, I ran across an interesting sign post stating that this is one of the very few natural lakes in our area created by a receding glacier.  I think that made it just a little more interesting, though I wouldn't have known it by just looking at it.  
As you can see, the water was absolutely still; like a mirror reflecting the underside of branches, the surrounding trees and, of course, the sky. And, the dead tree seemed to set all of the green off in just the right way.   This little painting is now looking for its new home! 
 

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Absolutely stunning, Helen! I think this is truly gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...