Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Its been quite a (few) week(s)

Just a few days ago, we celebrated my daughter's wedding!  What a wonderful day and celebration! 
As you can guess, this meant a house filled with family and friends, much preparation and activity, a large gathering for the ceremony and a joyous reception for about 200.   I haven't been in my studio much just lately.... but things are settling down.   I hope to be back at the easel very soon.  In the meantime, I'm posting some things from the archives!

Orange Flower II,  7x7" Watercolor/acrylic on Yupo
© Helen Read 
ready to mat and frame
 
This little painting was done just a year ago.  It's still available.  I painted it from a photo I took of a small orange flower while on a hike in NY.  I had never seen it before, but after some research, I believe it is Jewelweed.  I liked the way the watercolor took to the Yupo paper... It is a very smooth paper and there is almost no absorption, so the paint moves very freely around ~ mixing, blending, drying unevenly.  Overall, it gives a very painterly and somewhat unpredictable effect!  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...