Join me on Facebook!

Monday, September 13, 2010

New Beginnings


New Beginnings - Hibiscus Buds,  8 x 10" graphite on clayboard
©2010, Helen Read

For those who care to look back in the previous posts during August, you will see the creation of this drawing.   The reference picture was a little more complicated than this, with various leaves and stems going on underneath the buds.  So, it has been simplified.    

It was fun to do a drawing just for the sake of a drawing!  I haven't done that in awhile.  I was also trying the new (to me) surface of clayboard.  What a great surface to work on!  I highly recommend it. 
Next, I would like to try colored pencil on this surface.  But, that's another project!  

 

3 comments:

Margaret said...

wonderful! I am a huge fan of graphite drawings. Love the vein work on the leaves.

Helen Read said...

Thank you Margaret! Graphite is fun for a change of pace!

Angela Sullivan said...

Beautiful is your work. Funny I ran across this as I just named a painting new beginnings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...