Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Drawing still in progress!!


My progress on this graphite drawing is continuing.  This week has been crazy with starting a new semester of school, learning approx. 120 new student names and faces, and doing all the other little things that are required at the beginning of a new school year!   But - in between things I've done a little more work here an there on this drawing.   Its coming along!   I continue to really like the clayboard as a support for drawing.   It takes the medium quite well, doesn't smear, is easy to erase, and is easy to work with because it is rigid.   This one is made by Ampersand. 




3 comments:

janice skivington said...

This drawing is on clayboard? i wouldn't have thought to try that. Well, I learn something new from you every day. I will be interested to see how it looks, maybe a detail close-up when you finish?

Lisa Daria said...

The darkening between the previous post and this one is striking - do you carve into the clayboard at all with tools kind of like scratchboard? or do you stick to using erasers on it?

Helen Read said...

Thank for your comments, Janice and Lisa. This is the first time I've worked on clayboard, but I really like it. It is a very smooth surface, and I'm drawing on it just as if I would with paper... only the surface is sooo much smoother! You can erase with it, and it shows each stroke mark with clarity. Some very nice effects can be achieved!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...