Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Colored pencil study

Sunset, colored pencil study 
©2010, Helen Read 

After several weeks away from the studio, I'm back!  This is a small study done on mat board - prismacolor pencils, with some turpenoid for blending.  It measures about 3.5 x 6".    I was using a reference photo I took of  a sunset we saw while driving through Illinois... so, perhaps it will become a 
larger painting.  One of my growing artistic interests is painting the sky with authority.  This was small, fun, and yet - no where near the results I would want from oil. Besides this, I've been working on a drawing (pencil on clayboard) since returning home.   I'll post the work on that very soon. 

1 comment:

Mel said...

"One of my growing artistic interests is painting the sky with authority." I love the sound of that, such a poetic statement. Very intersting work for coloured pencil, such intense colours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...