Join me on Facebook!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring!

Spring Arrives, 10 x 8" Acrylic on canvas
©Helen Read, 2010
 
I've been a little technologically hampered this week. Because of switching my phone service to which my internet service has been tied, everything is not working! Its been days, and many phone calls, and hours of working with the provider via cell phone.... all to very little avail!
Nevertheless, I press on!! And, hope springs eternal .... I continue to hope my internet will be working today or tomorrow. You may wonder how I've been able to post with this problem - and to that I say, "necessity is the mother of invention". I'm carrying flash drives between my home computer and another computer to make posts - but it is VERY cumbersome!
Enough about that .... this little abstract painting may take you by surprise, if you watch the genre of my work on any regular basis. However, abstraction is not a new genre for me. Some things are much better expressed this way! Abstraction is not an easy way to express one's thoughts - even though the work is not organized into a realistic or even, perhaps, recognizable format, still - the work must contain a combination of the elements and principles of art, done well. This is always a quest for me - and it makes me into a more thoughtful and intentional artist.
This work is a celebration of the arrival of spring! It is an outflow of my emotions after a long, and almost interminable winter season! It is meant to be an explosion of color and if you look deeply, you will see layer upon layer of color and shape and repetition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helen, this painting is simply beautiful. So complex and rich!

Becky Joy said...

Really nice work. I love the colors.

Helen Read said...

Thank you, Lynn and Becky Joy! This was a fun expressive work to do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...