Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

In celebration of spring time!


Crabapples in bloom, 9x12" Oil pastel on paper

I'm posting an older painting since my travels and commission have kept me busy - but with nothing finished and new to show this week. This one is completely appropriate though! The spring is absolutely bursting with blooms in my area - and the crab apples are especially beautiful this year; their aroma just permeates the neighborhood. I was thinking, as I walked this week - if eye has not seen, nor has it entered into the heart of man what God has prepared (in our heavenly home) for those who love him - it must, in fact, be breathtakingly magnificent, because I can't imagine anything more lovely than spring bursting with life and beauty and sunshine and warmth at the end of the long siege of winter! Spring embodies, to me, the very essence of who God is. His attributes are found in all the seasons, but spring shouts it most loudly!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...