Join me on Facebook!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Comical experiments ~


A Purple Beret, 4 x 5.5" Black and colored ink on paper.
copyright 2009, Helen Read

One of my goals, this new year, is to experiment with new ideas and new materials. I know I've done some bird caricatures in the recent past, but this is a bit different. All of this one is done in ink. My daughter gave me a new material (new to me at least) - ink pencils. So, to create this one, I used a micron pen and then new ink pencils that were later washed w/brush and water. The effect looks similar to watercolor - but it really handles pretty differently. So - I like this new material.... and am enjoying the caricature drawings, which are a pretty different path for me as well! Hope you enjoy seeing something new!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...