Join me on Facebook!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A work in progress~


I've been working on a larger painting - Undulation 2 - an oil painting which measures 18 x 20". This is part of a group of paintings I've been working on for the last 3 months with a botanical subject matter.
A month or so ago, I posted a finished painting - surprisingly enough titled, Undulation. This one builds upon the idea in that one. What intrigued me about this is the sense of shape and flowing line, found within God's creation. There is certainly an abstract quality about it, even though it is recognizable as an unfolding leaf within a setting of flowing leaves! So much in the plant world - especially when magnified - has true abstract shape, line, form... I find myself intrigued by painting that in an expressive way! Well, here ya go - I'll keep you posted on the final outcome.

1 comment:

Melissa Muirhead said...

Wow, that just has impact and it absolutely incredible as it is right now, I can't wait to see the finished outcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...