Join me on Facebook!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Progressing......

I'm terribly sorry about the quality of the photo..... (I took it.) Its blurry - and the lighting is just weird. But - the point of posting this is so that you can see some of the progress I've made on this set of 3 paintings.

Yesterday, I blocked in darker values, but wasn't too happy with some that I put in - this is where I just feel like I'm flying blind - so those decisions are still out there. I also started working on the petals of the flower and have added most of the greens in a general way. (More refining will be necessary)

The other 2 panels are blocked in with the greens - and that's about it. The bud behind the flower is some distance behind... and I hope to make that more obvious as I lay in additional values.

Its easy to feel overwhelmed as I begin - so I try to focus on just an idea at at time to execute - and then move on. But, with the 3 panels it is important to work on them simultaneously so there is a sense of cohesion between them.

More to come!!

1 comment:

Michelle B. Hendry said...

I feel like I could touch it... this is going to be stunning when complete...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...