Join me on Facebook!

Monday, September 2, 2024

How to Commission a Personal Work of Art!

A commissioned painting is personal and special because it has been created just for  you according to your needs and wishes.  It doesn't have to feel out of reach! 

 

I love to create landscape, floral or still life paintings or drawings with themes from nature. I primarily work in oil paint, but I also create graphite drawings. 

 

To understand more about your commission ideas, I've created a form at this link to ask a few questions about what you envision for a commissioned piece.  Of course, there is no obligation to proceed beyond these general questions. But, I’ll be able to give a more informed email response when I know more about your wishes.

Here are some commonly asked questions about commissioning a work of art:

1. How is pricing calculated?
Pricing is figured according to the size of the project. Shipping is added and will be quoted for the location. For IL residents, IL sales tax will be added.

2. How long does it take to do a commissioned painting?
That depends on the size of the painting, as well as some of the details to be included in the painting. More specific information as discussion proceeds and more information is given. For oil paintings, drying time will also be estimated.

3. How will I know if I’m going to be happy with the artwork before it’s shipped?
As the artwork is progressing, I will be in contact. I’ll send a photo(s) when it is nearing completion for your input. And when it is completed, I will send final photos for approval. After approval and when dry, it will  be ready for shipment. I use USPS insured mail. It’s my goal to be sure that you love the final painting. I make every effort to stay in communication with you as it progresses.

4. Do you do portraits?
I do not do portraiture. Though I can include a figure in a composition, but this would usually be a generalized form which is not central to the idea of the artwork, such as a distant figure or a figure facing away.

5. Do you require a deposit to begin?
Yes. When we have decided to proceed with the commission (this occurs after we’ve had several discussions to be sure we have a complete understanding of what is desired), I will send a memo of understanding that outlines the details and time frame. Then a 50% deposit is required to begin. This is a non-refundable deposit. The final payment is made in order to ship the artwork.

When you decide to proceed with a commission, a memo of understanding will be sent with all the details that are agreed upon. 

Getting more specific information is easy!  Fill out the form at the above link, and I'll be in touch!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...