Join me on Facebook!

Sunday, January 14, 2018

His Eye on the Sparrow

His Eye on the Sparrow, 4x6" watercolor/ink on paper 
matted to fit 8x10" frame
©2018 Helen Read

SOLD



Even in the bleakness of winter, the sparrows flit and sing their songs.   I can't imagine how they find enough to eat but, their provision is given.  This becomes a personal lesson in trust.  Even these tiny birds - not particularly noticeable - really quite ordinary, are cared for day by day throughout the year by their Creator.  Their needs are met even on the coldest, bleakest days.
The old spiritual song, His Eye is on the Sparrow, comes to mind.  I remember my mother singing it when I was young, and it is a wonderful, comforting reminder  of who is caring for and watching over me.

Why should I feel discouraged,
Why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely,
And long for heaven, heaven and home,
When, Jesus is my portion,
My constant Friend is He;
Oh,  his eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...