"We have been entrusted with something uniquely ours"
It is important to step out and share that special thing for good. For me, and maybe for you too, I see this as a unique, one-of-a-kind endowment. No one else (through all of time) has ever had my experiences, perceptions, or my particular voice. To suppress that, to minimize it, or to deny it is a loss ~ to myself and to others.
My faith plays into this in a big way. I am a Christ-follower, and I want to use whatever interests and skills He has created in me to the highest value. So, even when I wonder "is this worth anything at all?"
I need to embrace these realizations:
- I will be an active participant, not an idle bystander.
- I will trust that the creative spirit, which is part of my deepest self and a reflection of our Creator, matters!
- I will step out of my comfort zone, out of complacency or my own imprisonment of self-doubt.
- I will remember that even when I can't see exactly where I am going (which is most of the time, if I'm perfectly honest), that I am not finding my way alone
- I will recognize that fear paralyzes and it destroys. It harbors all that limits me.So, let me encourage YOU, my creative friend... Don't give in! Don't give up! Don't believe for a second that your art ~ in whatever form it takes ~ is not worth the effort, because it is! It's what your soul hungers for , what others near you need.... what the world needs!
"You are the only person in this world who can express in your voice, what you see, or hear, or imagine."
a harvest of blessing if we don't give up."