Join me on Facebook!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Small Gems


During these last few wintery months, I've been experimenting and trying some new things - and I've nicknamed these small, but brilliantly colorful little paintings "Small Gems".  They just remind me of gemstones, in a way; mostly because of their clear and brilliant color.  Sparkling!    They have been a lot of fun.  Colorful, and using a free and looser style than I've done in a long while.  Also, each of these is done on gesso board - which is a smooth, rigid surface and it allows for some very beautiful brushwork as layers are built up and the texture of the strokes shows through.

I'm interested to know what you think!  Do you like these bright and happy colors?  Do you like the looser style?  Leave a comment for me...finding out what you think is very important to me!

Some of these have already found their new home, but please scroll down and see the ones that are available.  Each is ready to ship and to frame.  (Of course, if you really like one that has found a home, a similar one can be created!)


French Peonies,  5x7" Oil on gesso panel 
©2017 Helen Read
SOLD



Spring Tulips, 12x9" Oil on gesso board 
©Helen Read 






Sunflowers in Cobalt, 7x5" Oil on Gesso Board
©2017 Helen Read

SOLD





Poppies in Bloom, 6x12" Oil on gesso board 
©Helen Read



Lavender Fields, 5x7" Oil on gesso board
© Helen Read


Chicago Flower Market, 7x5" oil on gesso board
©2017 Helen Read
SOLD

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...