Join me on Facebook!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

3 Sisters Watercolor Painting


Three Sisters,  4.5 x 6.5" Watercolor on Yupo Paper
matted in white and ready to frame in a 10x12" frame 


Several years ago, I visited one of my favorite gardens in the US ~ Descanso Gardens in California.  What an inspiration!  On this particular morning, shortly after a short morning rain shower, the white lilies were turning their faces to the sun with a few rain drops still remaining.  So lovely!      In fact, several paintings came from that visit.  This one is done on Yupo paper, which give such interesting effects.  I love how the paint pools and blends in an almost abstract way, just as the rain drops left their trails on the flowers.   

I'd love to send this painting to it's new home.  Perhaps you have just the perfect spot for it! 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...