Join me on Facebook!

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Callas at Sunrise

Callas at Sunrise, 12x16" Oil on canvas
©Helen Read
Ready to frame
 
 School has begun once again!  We are 2 weeks into our new semester, and I've been working on a larger painting.   Those 2 things have taken up time, which is the reason its been a couple weeks since my last post!  But its ready to unveil... and here it is! 

My composition came out of several reference photos I took this spring.  The callas had recently been doused with a spring shower and were absolutely beautiful.  It wasn't quite at sunrise when the photos were made, but early morning.  These three seemed to shimmer with the light, and the leaves had such an interesting ruffled effect.   A painting waiting to come into being! 

2 comments:

janice skivington said...

Helen, this is a beautiful painting. I love how you chose various colors to describe the contours o the white lowers.

Helen Read said...

Thank you, Janice! It was a lot of fun to paint! I love the flower paintings you do, so I really value your comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...