Join me on Facebook!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dried Flowers

Dried Flowers,  10x8" Oil on canvas
©2009, Helen Read 

 
Well, this has been an incredibly busy month!   I have a small painting drying, which I'll be able to post soon.  I've also been working on a commission.... and then a million things with my semester at school too.  So, while I wait for paint to dry, I'm reposting this fall painting from a couple years ago. 
I tried to depict the paper thin, dried white flowers of this vine I found in my neighborhood.  It also had some very interesting brown berries.  I'm sure the birds enjoy it through the winter time.   Fall seems to be rapidly overtaking us now... it won't be long till all we see are dried remnants of summer!  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...