Join me on Facebook!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

January Trees

January Trees,  8x6" Oil Pastel on paper 
©2011, Helen Read 
 


I'm sorry to say that January has just flown by!   Its been a very busy month, as it always is ... I've been working on a larger painting - and now, this small one in pastel to be posted before the end of the month is here!  (which is tomorrow!)    While it might seem that I've been idle, that's not exactly true!
My classroom duties have kept me very busy - as well as other home and family things.   

This one is small and rather simple - done in an almost impressionistic style.  I like oil pastels because they are so blend-able, and they mix on the paper almost like paint on a canvas.  The subject matter is about all I can see  -  snow on everything! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...