Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Nests - a set of old favorites

Nest Series: top - Nest Eggs 9 x 12" Oil on canvas bottom left - Empty Nest 1, 6x6" Oil on canvas bottom right - Empty Nest 2, 6x6" Oil on canvas This set of 3 is representative to me of my own 3 children - who populated my nest, now growing up and leaving the nest behind. Its an interesting passage as a parent. Not altogether easy... and yet, it is the way it should be. My nest has been very brightly occupied for many years - now that my kids are flying ~ for several a great distance from home ~ I am learning to appreciate the remembrances of their time under my roof! I love them deeply - and am proud of their accomplishments and the way in which they are now contributing to the world in which we live! So, as a parent of an "empty-ish" nest, I am blessed by those old memories and also blessed by their new endeavors and will be blessed by the memories that are yet to be made! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...