Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

A new work in progress - storm clouds


Just so you know - I haven't posted this week, but that is because I am working on another, a bit larger painting. This - as you can see - is really about the drama of the skies. Just about a month ago, I drove through this storm in northern Indiana!! It was intense!! And as it turns out (I didn't know it at the time) there was a tornado just a few miles north of where I was! After we drove through it, this is what we saw behind us - an enormous bank of clouds. Very beautiful, and very large!

I'll post again as I complete more of the painting. Right now, I am adding layers of glazing to the clouds in order to achieve their very rich and variegated colors range.

2 comments:

janice skivington said...

OH! I really like the way this looks. beautiful idea too.

Karen Hargett said...

Love clouds and these are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...