Join me on Facebook!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Upcoming Exhibit!

What a crazy week! School has now gotten started - which is always hectic. There have been some other rather large family happenings this week - and, as you can see from the image above, I am now preparing for an exhibition of many of my botanical works. All that to say, just so you know - I have been working ... not so much on new pieces (though I have 1 in the works at the moment), but on putting things together for a public viewing.

For my local friends, this invitation is extended to you! On Sunday at 9:30 AM, in conjunction with the 50th anniversary of the church I attend, these works - and more - will be exhibited. Not only that, but there will also be presented that morning the world premier performance of a choral composition (Hosea 6:3) by a Wheaton area musician/composer! (Location: Evangel Baptist Church - 1900 Manchester Rd., Wheaton, IL)

I'm excited to present this exhibit because it is a sort of personal, visual journal of how - during tumultuous years in my life - the words of Matthew 6 have played out and proven true. Not only am I presenting the visual response in the form of paintings, but also many of my thoughts in the form of artist's notes.

2 comments:

Karen Appleton said...

This exhibit of your paintings will be beautiful, and how meaningful to see all the series hanging together. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...