Join me on Facebook!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Dunes, beach, and lighting


Dunes, 6x8" Oil Pastel on Paper
©2009, Helen Read
 
(


 

I continue to work with my small pastel studies, as I've done frequently through the summer. Here I was hoping to capture some of the interesting light that can occur in water and sand. The colors are certainly not ones that occur in the actual setting, though - they are somewhat believable as they harmonize together. It has a nice feel - but would even be better in oil. So, I may put this one to canvas! We'll see! (Maybe when it is icy outside!)

Other than this small study, I'm working feverishly now (with lots of interruptions, it seems) on all the details for the upcoming exhibit! I think it will be put together in time - well... it just has to be, so it will be! But there is still lots to do.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...