Join me on Facebook!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Pear ~ the next generation


Green Pear, watercolor/acrylic on illustration board

Well, I've been working on this smallish painting. What I had yesterday, I worked more on today. You can see the foliage has certainly been developed ... and the colors on the pear itself have more depth. I'm not sure if I have finished this one yet. It needs to sit and let me look at it a little while. I have some ideas in my mind for what to do with this and some others like it.
More on that later!

6 comments:

William F. Renzulli said...

Very well done...I especially like the textureon the pear.

Sandy said...

MMMMM! What a perfect looking pear! Makes me wish they were in season as I'd love a taste of a fresh juicy one from my fiend Pam's tree! Love the details and mixture of colors on the skin, very realistic!

Debra J.Sepos said...

Very nice...needs a botanical name
with fancy lettering under the pear.
Just kidding...but it does look a lot like a botanical print.
Great study.

sandy said...

ohhhhh beautiful...love your art.

sandy

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

So crisp and full of texture! I love the contrast of the bright fruit against the white background. You've done an amazing job with the difference of the texture of the leaves and then the texture of the fruit. This has to be one of my favorites of yours.

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Todd Bonita said...

Hi Helen,

I do the same thing when I'm working on a painting..sometimes you've just got to let it sit for a couple days (sometimes longer) until you figure out just what kind of love it needs to be complete. Often return to realize it was done all along! makes me crazy but we love it dont' we. I think the pear looks done and ready to eat. I love the feather painting from your recent post as well. Well done.
Best,
Todd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...