Join me on Facebook!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Summer's End

Withered Beauty - sunflower, 15 x 15" Watercolor/mixed media on paper
©Helen Read 

Looking back a few years, this watercolor painting is the perfect depiction of summer's end.  Its gotten a little bit chilly here these past few weeks.  I'm still hoping for more warm weather ~ just can't find much enthusiasm for ice, snow, wind and below zero temps.  I loved the dried and curled appearance of the petals and the leaves on this withered sunflower.  All rather challenging to paint! 


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Helen, this is really gorgeous and I'm loving the depth of color in the petals. The field of flowers below is also gorgeous and reminds me of the DesPlaines Wildlife area out near me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...