Join me on Facebook!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Setting Sun -- a work in progress

This is still a work in progress.  I am working on how to portray a dramatic sky, just as night is falling - without it being too garish and yet trying to depict the colors and value changes authentically. 
I took this photo during the summer as I watched night descend over the water on the eastern coast of Georgia.  The colors were just spectacular - unreal!  

The foreground hasn't been painted yet - the values are very dark with sea grasses in clumps. I hope to post the final painting in the very near future. 
This is 8x10 and I have used oil on a gessoed board. 


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

It looks amazing, Helen. I captured a stunning sky while driving home a couple of weeks ago. Just amazed at the colors there were in the sky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...