Join me on Facebook!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Wrapped in Cellophane

Candy Cane - 7 x 10.5" colored pencil on paper
©2014 Helen Read 

The last big project I have my drawing students do each semester is a colored pencil still life.  It is the culmination of the skills they've learned during the semester.  From a simple line drawing - to the skills of transferring a picture using a grid - to learning to shade with precision - to composition - to color theory - to finally the freehand drawing of a still life and "painting" with colored pencil.  While they were working on their drawings, I worked on this small one (when I wasn't helping them!)  
However, I was intrigued by the plastic wrapping as well as the candy.  Here's what came of it!  Lots of fun... and quite a challenge! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...